Homemade vegan brownies

I was flipping through my recipe book one afternoon and found this vegan brownies recipe that I jot down.
After checking the list of ingredient,  I thought I can try to make one as almost all ingredients could be found in my cupboard.

It was super easy, just mix all the ingredient in a pot, blend it well and put it into the oven (of course preheat the oven first la) and voilà! It's done. :)

Looking good~


I ate some once taking out from the oven to test.
Tasted ok, enough moist inside and a little crunchy outside, and absolutely smelling good!

But after a while when it's cooling off, I thought it's not sweet enough (even for my taste bud) and had the overpowering flour taste.
I'm not sure if it's the pastry flour that I used or what, but I shall try again by adjusting the recipe a bit. See how it turns out then~

Here's the recipe that I follow and tell me if you had any idea to improve it. :D

Organic Vegan Brownies

1 cup of whole wheat pastry flour ( I used organic plain pastry flour)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup of carob powder (cocoa powder, I used Van Houten's)
1/2 cup soy milk
1/2 cup maple sryup
1/2 cup sunflower oil (I used organic olive oil)
1 teaspoon vanilla (not using)
1 pinch of seasalt

All mixed in and blend well, oven heat 180°C for 25 minutes.


Comments

Popular Posts