Munakatado


Munakatado, the reason I went to Okinawa.


Before I went to Okinawa, I wrote an email to the bakery asking if they have internship or work exchange in their bakery.
Initially they showed interest in this work exchange program, but seemed like they already had some plans for the time being, they couldn't receive me as intern/worker. But they still welcomed me to visit them when I reached Okinawa.

So one day when my host from Bise was going to Naha, I took a day off and tagged along.
I greeted the staff at the counter and told him about myself, so happy that he's the one who replied my email. I bought some breads to bring back to Bise, also a soy coffee for dine-in.

And there's a lady coming in as soon as I got my outdoor seat.
She came out to greet me after awhile, so happened that she's the staff at Suien Bakery whom I just met 2 days before! What a small world. 

We were chatting when Munakata-san, the owner of the bakery came and join us at the table.
We exchanged stories and then he invited me to have a look at their baking room and oven.

Miumu san from Suien and Mukataka san posing for me at the back of the bakery, hehe.

The grand oven after  rebuilding for 4 times.

Reading the book about the bakery while enjoying my sandwich.

All photos by 
Canon EOS300, Kodak color 200.

Comments

Popular Posts