Sourdough simmit

 



First time on baking simmit, which is almost as chewy as bagel.

I followed a recipe which uses caramelised molasses sugar, but I use blackstrap molasses instead.

The first batch I baked was quite brown and not sweet as I didn't put any sugar in the dough. But I feel it will taste better to have a hint of sweetness so I did on the second batch. Yup, it's better.


My own recipe:

70g sourdough starter

150g water

250g bread flour

4g sea salt

12g sugar

Blackstrap molasses for dipping

Sesame seeds


Make the dough as usual, until the dividing part. Divide the dough into 6, and again divide each into 2. Roll each of them into string and twist 2 strings together then make them into a ring shape. Dip the top onto molasses then followed by sesame seeds. Final proofing for about an hour in room temperature (We normally have 31-36℃ in Malaysia) before baking them for 16-20 minutes in the oven at 220℃. Watch them so that you don't burn the top including sesame seeds.

Comments

Popular Posts