My Hurdal life -Far Breton





I'm glad I wrote journals for almost all my solo trips. I don't think I will remember that much of details without the journals.
This time I want to tell some stories about my wwoofing experience in Norway. I'll keep it short and sweet.
I stayed at an ecovillage in Hurdal, one hour journey from Oslo, for 3 weeks. It's a rather short stint comparing with others. Most volunteers worked for a few months, or traveled to different places in a year. Luckily, age is not a matter for wwoofers. So I met some people in their 50s and some as young as 18 years old. I was 33 then.
As our working hour is only from 9am to 3pm (one hour lunch break at 12pm) on weekdays, we basically had a lot of free time. So we could visit other towns, outdoor activities like hiking and picnic, and just relaxing at the common house. We could access to all the food in the common kitchen. The ecovillage also has a cafe (which volunteers work there too), we had all the leftovers after we called it a day. Most of the time we will have pizza, cinnamon roll, more sweet buns and soup.
For weekdays, we will be assigned to work either in the farm or at the cafe. 1 or 2 of us will do the cleaning at the common house every Monday. We took turns to cook lunch for everyone. But for breakfast, dinner and weekends, we cooked our own meals. Bread, coffee and tea were always on the counter top. I drank coffee like water during my stay.
Some of the days, someone would have the urge to make something special, especially food from their countries. There was once someone went fishing and got some fishes for us to cook. One Brazilian guy made his own beer. One day, a French girl decided to make flan, a French dessert. It was delicious! I asked her to write down the name in French, and I also searched for the recipe online. But I never made them.



Comments

Popular Posts