Sourdough scone (vegan)

 I made some scones, but don't really taste like one.


I used all purpose flour.
Maybe I shall try with pastry flour instead.


Anyway, they tasted quite nice, just doughy. No crumble like real scone.

I got the recipe here.

I altered a bit by using what I have at home.

250g all purpose flour

1/3 tsp baking soda

1/4 tsp sea salt

40g cane sugar

Cranberries, maybe a handful

50g cold coconut oil (or vegan butter in the original recipe)

80g sourdough discard

125g cold soymilk/water

1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar

1. Mix all dry ingredients in mixing bowl.

2. Put in cold coconut oil in small cubes, make them into crumbly mixture.

3. Add in sourdough discard, then add in water little by little (vinegar already mixed with soymilk), mix with fork.

4. Shape them into a long roll (like spring roll), wrap with plastic*/bee wax wrap. Chill in the fridge overnight.

*I normally keep plastic sheets from frozen food pack such as roti prata ones. I reuse it to do the wrapping for the scone.

5.Cut them into a few pieces, I think I had 10pcs. Arrange them on the baking tray, bake for 1

 8 minutes with 180°C.

Comments

Popular Posts