Home cook good meals by wwoof host, Okinawa (part 1)

I was very fortunate to stay with a family with a good cook, because I always enjoy eating.
And because I have some restrictions in food (I have eczema so I have things to avoid), they are kind enough to oblige my request.
Arigatou gozaimashita!

They are a family of 6 living in Ogimi Village, the northern part of Okinawa main island. It's also known as the longevity village. The father of the family is a potter, and he's the family cook too.

 This was one of my typical breakfast spread. Miso soup (everyday, without fail),yoghurt, pickles veggie, roasted potato from dinner, and the sourdough bread I baked the night before.


My first dinner with the family.
Miso soup, grilled fish (with lemon is very good), and fried pork.
We had pork almost every meal because I told them I don't eat chicken, beef, mutton, egg, etc. 


 
My first breakfast at the house. They had their family breakfast at 7am as kids need to go to school, so I only went to have my slow breakfast at 7.30am.

That's yoghurt with frozen berries, rice, leftover grilled fish and salad from dinner, and bread baked by the lady host. Accompanied with the lady host's hand drip coffee.

Because it's summer, we had cold noodles quite often. I enjoyed this cold udon very much!
After spending the whole morning in the pottery studio in sweat, it's quite a rewarding meal. :)


For dinner, we had baked cheese with potato and cold pasta salad with broccoli.

For the 2 weeks I was with them, I awaited for surprises every meal, lol.

Grilled fish, potato, tofu, broccoli.
Miso soup as usual.

 Another breakfast with the first sourdough sandwich loaf I baked there. I ate it with olive oil and salt.

A quick and easy lunch on a busy day, veggie pasta.

 Everyone of us had one fish (秋刀鱼) with yama imo, some salad and miso soup with rice.


One night we had okonomiyaki for dinner.
Oh my he managed to make me an eggless one, I appreciate that, like a lot. 

With a bowl of noodle soup too.


Comments

Popular Posts