Sourdough sandwich loaf (vegan)

The first version of my sandwich loaf was created for a friend when I was in Melaka.
She preferred something soft as daily bread.
So the version had soy milk, coconut oil and molasses sugar.

I had been using the same recipe until this year I decided to ditch soy milk from it.


Yesterday, I tried to make another version which I opted out oil, then used cane sugar instead of molasses sugar but in lesser portion.


I'm quite pleased with the result, it's still soft and great as daily bread.

My recipe:

100g sourdough starter (100% hydration)
280g water
6g sea salt
15g cane sugar
120g wholemeal flour
280g unbleached bread flour

I spent at least 4 hours of bulk proofing. After shaping and putting into mould, I put into the fridge for overnight low temperature fermentation.
I baked with 200°C for 35 minutes.


I toasted the bread a little then spread with butter.
Satisfied.


Comments

Popular Posts