Vegan 'butter' cake


I failed at baking vegan cakes for a few times (not including the super easy banana cake), enough to dampened my spirit to keep baking.
I feel sorry for wasting the precious ingredients.

Finally, I tried again a few days ago as I found one simple recipe and I'm glad that I got it quite right.


The texture was a little dense like pound cake, and it's very moist.
I think it tastes like cream cracker cake, my sister said it's like butter cake. :)


I got the recipe from here and I altered a bit to suit my own taste bud.
I cut the sugar from 200g to 80g based on my own experience. (me no sweet tooth, lol)
I also cut the baking soda portion from 1 teaspoon to half a teaspoon as I don't enjoy the soap-like taste (and sometimes the tongue-biting sensation). 
Also I didn't make frosting or add on anything else that might help to cover that taste.
But now that I've got it quite right, I might try making the cream next round.

Here's my recipe:

220g all purpose flour
80g coconut sugar
1 teaspoon sea salt
A pinch of vanilla powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda

250g soymilk
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
80g coconut oil

Add all the dry ingredients in a bowl, then slowly add the wet ingredients one by one into the dry ingredient mix. Mix well and pour into a baking mould ( I used cake tin) and bake at 180°C for about 35 minutes.

For the top of the cake, I improvised by adding some cocoa powder into the batter, just to add a little pattern on the cake.

Comments

Popular Posts