Meals with my 2nd WWOOF host in Okinawa


I was with my second host of the trip last summer for a week time.
The initial plan was 3 weeks, the guesthouse didn't receive any incoming guest for the whole 2nd week, so the host felt bad for me as she has nothing for me to do.

But it was a fruitful one week living with her, her 2 years old son, a cat and a dog.

She practices macrobiotic cooking, so I learned something from her.

One of our lovely breakfast with her homemade bread.
"幸せ!" I told her.



She doesn't really cook meat, only sometimes we will have fish.
I told her I couldn't take much seafood and egg, so she tried to avoid too. 

She let me brew coffee whenever I want.
She bought her organic coffee green bean online, then roasted the bean on her own.

I brought some Malaysia Liberica bean along too, so I shared some with her. 


 Our 'big' breakfast.

I learned a little tricks on making onigiri too. 

This is her hometown snack, something like mochi. We ate with kinako powder.
I love it!



 Homemade tomato ice cream!

My host cooked Nepalese curry. 



 Some cherry tomatoes from her home garden.



 When her friend was visiting with kids, we had spaghetti. I made the mashed potato.

 Natto with rice, my favourite!





We made dango 団子 as snack. 

I tried making sourdough starter there but failed. So I used all the starter to make pancake for breakfast. 


This is one very cool zero waste idea. She mixed all the unfinished rice with flour and vegetables, so it's savoury pancake!



Comments

Popular Posts