Sourdough burger bun (vegan)


My chewy sourdough burger bun.

Since I have order by customer, I made extra for my own.
I had it with guacamole and roasted seaweed this morning.


Recipe:

100g sourdough starter
280g water
5g sea salt
25g molasses sugar
50g wholemeal flour
200g plain flour
150g unbleached bread flour
15g cooking coconut oil /vegan butter

I take easy steps for making this, that is to mix all ingredients at one shot except oil to add in at the last hour of bulk proofing.
I spend 4 hours for bulk proofing, overnight low temperature fermentation in the fridge, shaping in the morning, one hour for proofing.
I bake them at 200°C, 10 minutes without fan, then 8 minutes with fan.

I made 8 pieces of burger bun with this recipe.
After baking, the weight will be around 90g each.

I like my bun to be chewy, and I could feel the bun even with filling or patty.
I want it to be a pairing for the combo (bread vs patty), not as a minor.

Comments

Popular Posts