Ukishima Garden 浮島ガーデン, Naha Okinawa (vegan)



When I was with my first Okinawan host last year (around this time. Oh time flies), my Japanese senior told me about this vegan place when she knew I was interested to find ones.

One day I was given a day off, I tagged along with my host to Naha, then he dropped me off at Munakatado. I was so lucky to meet a kind lady to let me tag along to go to Naha city centre. That's where I strolled along Kokusai Street to reach Ukishima Garden.


Their signature dish -vegan taco rice.
I've never tried the real taco rice as I don't eat beef, so I couldn't compare.
It wasn't bad at all, but also not memorable.
But I have to compliment the warmed service by the staffs, they were really helpful.
Since they are in the tourist area, they prepare the menu in at least 3 languages.

They have some merchandises and a lot of information on vegan/vegetarian scene in Okinawa too.

I had this vegan cake after meal.
It was really good! Not too sweet  but flavourful.

So happened that there's a fashion showcase on the first floor of the cafe.
The owner invited all the guests to hava a look.
So I went to have a peek after I finished my rice.

All the clothes are in linen and they look so comfortable.
Oh ya, it's summer...


Some nice illustration were hanged on the wall along the staircase.


Comments

Popular Posts