New in town: Fat Spoon, Damansara Utama (Uptown)


These days our town started to have more and more boutiques and cafes having retro and old school touch.
I've just visited this newly opened cafe in Uptown for dinner today, which also has a touch of old school feel.



Check out the menu on the blackboard.
Also featuring the menu of the day~

I love the matching of different chairs at one table.
That's what I'll do to my future home. =)


The counter.


So here's a story book for you...for what?
That's a menu, my dear~
Cool, ain't it?

I've had my coffee twice already today, so I went for Baby Hot Chocolate (RM3.90) instead.
Sis were having Latte (RM6.90), which she claimed one of the best latte she had lately. 
And the beautiful Chinese teacup at side is brown sugar.

I had Perut ikan with meehoon (RM8.90), which is one of their signature dishes.
The meehoon wasn't really absorb the flavour of perut ikan yet at first. But lucky the perut ikan was strong enough to bring up my taste bud. 
It's a good enough dish, but somehow I still prefer my aunt's version. =)
 It's a personal thing.

Sis ordered Nyonya curry chicken with rice (RM8.90). Also with fried long beans and papadam.
We aren't sure if that's nyonya style curry, but it's a good one. 
Sis felt like having roti to go with it too~haha


Since they have quite a number of side dishes, we tried popiah (RM4.90 for 5 pcs).
Like what they named it as crispy spring roll, it certainly is. 

The environment and food make us feel like home.
All the random decor and old school feel helps.
I'll certainly revisit.

FAT SPOON
No. 73, Jalan SS21/1A, Damansara Utama,
47400 Petaling Jaya.
Tel: 03 77283323

They close on Mondays.

Comments

  1. Mmmm.... Looking forward to visit.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. is this your new blog? haha.. very pretty. gonna look this place up for weekend breakfast.
    p/s: future home. i like tat. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mr Teh: hope they survive till your next visit in town. XD

    sinee: yup, it's new. trying to separate food from my other blog. =)
    yeah, 3 cheers to my future home!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts